Mar 5, 2012

Who let the dog out?

I have a female dog that has to be crated every night otherwise she pees on the carpets and gets into things. I let her outside about 45 minutes ago, and then placed her into her crate for the night. I just went to make sure the back door was locked and to close the curtains that cover the back door. My dog was relaxing in her crate and it was locked. I then pulled some stuff out of the dryer and brought it into the living room to fold. It was just a blanket and some towels, so it took me maybe 5 minutes to fold. I then went to take some towels into the kitchen and found my dog standing in the middle of the dining room. 
Her crate has two latches to lock it. She can't open it. Even if she could, it would make a lot of noise because it is metal. Even if I go out there and unlock it, it makes quite a bit of noise. I heard nothing at all.