Aug 9, 2012

Let Me In

Just a few moments ago, my male dog (George) wanted outside.

I walked to the back door to let him outside.

Now, I also have a female dog (Calypso) that is much larger than my male who has to be crated at night due to using the floor as a bathroom when she isn't supervised. We keep her crate in the back room, right near the back door.

As I went to let George outside, Calypso pawed at the crate door, letting me know that she too wanted outside. Now when she is outside, I have to lock the back door because she has figured out how to jump up and paw the door knob until the door opens.

So I let both of the dogs outside and locked the door. I checked to make sure it was locked and also pulled on the door to make sure it latched closed properly as sometimes it doesn't catch. The door was securely closed and locked.

I then went to my desk to finish watching a show that I had pulled up on the computer. All of a sudden I heard a playful growl. It was too loud to have been outside, so I got up to look and found the back door wide open and the dogs wrestling in the back room.